Alberta is introducing a new fast-track immigration program for tech workers.
Alberta’s immigration minister, Tyler Shandro, introduced the Accelerated Tech Pathway on January 13. The province had already started accepting purposes to the new program in December.
“Under this new pathway, tech professionals from throughout Canada and abroad can turn into everlasting residents in as little as six months if they’ve a job supply in an in-demand tech trade occupation,” Shandro mentioned, though Express Entry processing averaged nine months in 2020.
“Along with precedence software processing, tech professionals will even obtain a letter of help from the Government of Alberta in the event that they require a piece allow.”
There are greater than 3,000 know-how firms in Alberta, in keeping with the Alberta Enterprise Corporation. Alberta’s tech sector has grown 233% since 2012, as per the 2021 Alberta Technology Deal Flow Study. However, tech firms nonetheless face challenges accessing workers, particularly gross sales and technical expertise.
Steps to making use of for the Accelerated Tech Pathway
You need to first be eligible for the Alberta Express Entry Stream with a purpose to be chosen for expedited processing underneath the Accelerated Tech Pathway. This Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) has three steps:
1. Get a profile within the Express Entry system
The first step is to get into the Express Entry pool of candidates. You must be eligible for one of many following three immigration packages: the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
To apply for the Accelerated Tech Pathway, you fill out and on-line type for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Through the shape, you ship details about your Express Entry profile and your tech job in Alberta.
In order to be eligible for the tech pathway, Express Entry candidates must have a job supply, or be at the moment working for an Alberta-based firm in an eligible occupation. The 23 eligible occupations are listed under so as of their National Occupational Classification (NOC) code:
- 0013 Senior managers – monetary, communications and different enterprise providers
- 0112 Human sources managers
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers supervisor
- 0211 Engineering managers
- 0212 Architecture and science managers
- 0213 Computer and knowledge methods managers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, movement footage, broadcasting and performing arts
- 0601 Corporate gross sales managers
- 1123 Professional occupations in promoting, advertising and marketing and public relations
- 1121 Human sources professionals
- 1223 Human sources and recruitment officers
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (besides software program engineers and designers)
- 2161 Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- 2171 Information methods analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and information directors
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media builders
- 2175 Web designers and builders
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2232 Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
2. AINP determines your eligibility
The AINP checks that you simply meet the minimal eligibility standards for the Alberta Express Entry Stream. If so, the AINP will ship you an electronic mail inviting you to use for a provincial nomination. You can not apply with out this invitation, and you can not use a nomination underneath a distinct AINP stream to use.
Once you obtain the e-mail invitation from Alberta, you identify in case you meet the evaluation standards. If the AINP discovers fraud or misrepresentation in an software, they may ban you from reapplying for as much as 5 years.
Completed purposes go right into a pool of eligible purposes. The AINP considers these purposes for a provincial nomination.
If Alberta affords you a nomination you may have 30 days to just accept utilizing your on-line Express Entry profile. You will then get 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) factors added to your Express Entry rating.
The nomination doesn’t assure that you’ll turn into a everlasting resident, nevertheless it does increase you to the highest of the Express Entry pool. You will get to use for everlasting residence as soon as the federal authorities, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), sends you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in an Express Entry draw.
© CIC News All Rights Reserved. Visit CanadaVisa.com to find your Canadian immigration choices.